My 2020 Financial Goals
My 2020 Financial Goals -
2019 saw my net worth finally start to pick up and accelerate. I have increased my income and I am hoping to do so even further this year but it will take some more work. I am also hoping to get back into the personal finance sphere and become more knowledgeable.
Here's a quick recap of my net worth from January 2019 to January 2020.
- January 2019 - $451,670.89 HKD ($77,062.48 CAD)
- January 2020 - $636,305.45 HKD ($105,568.29 CAD)
Increase of 40.9% or $184,634.56 HKD ($38,505.81 CAD)
Recap of my posts from 2019
Goals for 2020:
- Increase salary – no hard target but I would be quite happy increasing $5,000 a month.
- Increase net worth to $150,000CAD or roughly $900,000HKD. This is actually a very tall order considering my salary but I figure I will aim high for once and hope I can make some wise investments.
- Invest in some kind of property, regardless of country. I have been considering purchasing some kind of property back in Canada for investment purposes but I would also consider a purchase in an Asian country if the price and economic outlook/situation in the country were positive.
- Begin investing monthly again - whether it be in stocks, mutual funds, or ETF's. I want to get back to that monthly investing routine that kept me engaged.
- Make something of this website and continue writing even in the face of poor readership (almost none actually). I am now focused on writing about things that I know well and on passing on any useful knowledge that I have to others.
- Related to #5 but I would like to see at least a little income from this website, whether it be through Google Adsense or through affiliate marketing. I know I have to increase the readership first and that the income will come after so I will be focused on making content for a long time. 2020 will be nine years since I started this site and hopefully the first year where I really put the effort in.